TAEBC’s Annual Meeting will be held Thursday, March 5, 2020 at Schneider Electric in Franklin, Tennessee.
This event is free to TAEBC members, government or elected officials.
There’s a $25 ticket cost for non-members, plus a small additional fee.
Our annual meeting will feature:
- Bob Rolfe, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Economic & Community Development
In light of Tennessee’s evolving manufacturing sector, Commissioner Rolfe will share his priorities for the department and how the electric vehicle industry fits into Tennessee’s economy.
- David Salyers, Commissioner, Tennessee Department of Environment & Conservation
Commissioner Salyers will present an update on the Drive Electric Tennessee initiative and how the state is moving swiftly to promote electric vehicle adoption and increase charging infrastructure availability.
Note: There will be time reserved for Audience Q&A following the commissioners’ presentations.
- Michael Baute, Director of Regenerative Energy & Land Management, Silicon Ranch
Baute will share on Silicon Ranch’s new holistic Regenerative Energy (TM) platform that combines clean electricity generation with carbon sequestration, ecosystem restoration, and rural revitalization.
- Cortney Piper, Vice President & Executive Director, Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council
Piper will reflect on Tennessee’s most significant advanced energy milestones in 2019 and what we can expect in the year ahead.
- Drew Frye, Technology Innovation Power Utilization Engineer, TVA
As electric vehicles continue to gain momentum, Frye will discuss how TVA is taking advantage of this opportunity to become a leader in plugging in to the future.
- Helge Nestler, President, Ginko & Ira Weiss, Principal, Weiss Associates
Enrolled in TAEBC’s Energy Mentor Network, Nestler will present his company’s power pitch. Later, Weiss will join the discussion on how Nestler has progressed and matured as an entrepreneur who is solving some of the nation’s critical energy challenges.
Presentation of the Thomas B. Ballard Advanced Energy Leadership Award
Happy Hour 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.