The 2016 American Energy & Manufacturing Competitiveness (AEMC) Northeast Regional Summit: Innovating for a Clean Energy Future is just around the corner. Normally held in the fall, the fourth annual event takes place this year on Thursday, May 12 from 9 am – 3 pm, at City College of New York.
This is a great opportunity for TAEBC members to network with advanced energy peers, learn about the progress being made on a national level and how the growth of the industry will impact of U.S. companies.
TAEBC encourages members to make every effort to attend and support AEMC.
Guest speakers include:
- David Danielson, Assistant Secretary for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, U.S. Department of Energy
- The Honorable Deborah L. Wince-Smith, President & CEO, Council on Competitiveness
- Craig Blue, CEO, Institute for Advanced Composites Manufacturing Innovation
- Bill Peter, Director, Manufacturing Demonstration Facility for Additive Manufacturing Oak Ridge National Lab
Sponsored by the Department of Energy and the Council on Competitiveness, AEMC is dedicated to building momentum around American innovation, progress and competitiveness in energy and manufacturing. The Summit will galvanize public and private sector leaders to take concrete actions to enhance U.S. productivity and prosperity – with a particular focus on regional success stories from the Northeast.
Leaders from industry, academia, labor, national laboratories, government, and media will attend to:
- Focus attention on the design and build out over the past four years of a clean energy innovation infrastructure and a range of public-private partnerships based around the capabilities at DOE’s national labs;
- Deliver new public-private partnership opportunities to cultivate the conditions in this country promoting energy efficiency, the adoption of clean energy technologies, increased clean technology manufacturing investment, economic growth and job creation;
- Highlight the Northeast’s successes in catalyzing clean energy manufacturing and innovation; and
- Discuss the most critical, over-the-horizon energy and manufacturing challenges and opportunities affecting U.S. prosperity, sustainability, and security.
The Summit will also showcase promising energy and manufacturing innovations through keynote addresses, presentations, C-suite panels, and interactive exhibits.
To register and for more information, visit here.