Innovation Crossroads, an ORNL program that matches aspiring energy entrepreneurs with experts and mentors in technology-related fields to take their world-changing ideas from R&D to the marketplace, will soon be opening up applications for cohort three.
But before that happens, Innovation Crossroads leaders are hosting a series of webinars to educate interested applicants in what the program offers.
Through an annual call, up to five entrepreneurs will be selected to transform their ideas into energy and advanced manufacturing companies with financial support from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Manufacturing Office. Innovators will receive a fellowship that covers living costs, benefits and a travel stipend for up to two years, plus substantial funding to use on collaborative research and development at ORNL.
Eligibility Requirements include:
- Must have PhD or equivalent experience
- Must be focused on energy or manufacturing innovation
- Must leverage ORNL R&D capabilities and have an impact on Department of Energy missions
- Must be willing to relocate to the Knoxville-Oak Ridge area
- Must be US citizen or lawful permanent resident at time of application
Some key dates to keep in mind:
- September 6, 2018: Cohort 3 Applications Open
- September 6, 2018: Cohort 3 Informational Webinar
- October 4, 2018: Cohort 3 Informational Webinar
- October 29, 2018: Cohort 3 Applications Close
- May 2019: Cohort 3 Onboarding