- This event has passed.
Webinar on Energy Efficiency Financing for Local Government Entities
October 5, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am UTC-5
This webinar is free, but registration is required. To register, contact Brandon England at Brandon.England@pathwaylending.org
Energy efficiency is one of the easiest and most cost effective ways to reduce operating and maintenance costs, save taxpayer money, foster economic development, and protect the environment. With low-cost financing, local governments can further enhance project scopes and maximize savings.
The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation’s Office of Energy Programs and Pathway Lending are hosting a free webinar for local governmental entities to learn about and discuss some of the challenges and solutions related to financing energy efficiency retrofits. During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to propose example project ideas to help shape the discussion regarding feasibility and potential savings.
Webinar participants will also learn about:
- The Pathway Lending Energy Efficiency Loan Program, which provides below-market rate financing to cover up to 100 percent of project costs
- How to structure investments so that energy cost savings derived from each project can provide for the repayment of the financing
- Various project types and their relative paybacks (efficient lighting, HVAC replacement, energy management systems, reflective roofs, pumps and motor systems, etc.)
- Terms and conditions of financing
- The process and timeline to apply, as well as the items needed for an application
- Successful case studies and example projects
The Energy Efficiency Loan Program is a collaborative effort between Pathway Lending, the State of Tennessee / Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC), and the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA).
Since the program launched in 2010, it has originated more than $24 million in loans to date to both for- and non-profit businesses. The program now welcomes Tennessee local governmental entities to participate on a first come, first serve basis. For more information, contact Brandon England at 615-425-7171 or Brandon.England@pathwaylending.org.