- This event has passed.
TVA Public Webinar on 2019 Draft IRP
February 26, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
TVA is planning its power-generation system for the next 20 years, and your thoughts will help shape the final plan. Your input will impact the electricity you use in the future and the quality of life in the Valley.
TVA released its draft 2019 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) and draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on Feb. 15. The 2019 IRP is a comprehensive study that provides direction on how TVA can best deliver clean, reliable and affordable energy in the Valley over the next 20 years. As part of the study, TVA is preparing a programmatic EIS to assess the natural, cultural and socioeconomic impacts associated with the IRP.
TVA invites you to provide comments about the plan. TVA will offer numerous ways for you to learn more and to provide input. Check out the interactive report at this website. Gather information at TVA’s public webinar on Feb. 26 at 11 a.m. (click here to register) or attend public meetings on:
- February 27, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET at the Cansler YMCA’s Community Room. 616 Jessamine Street Knoxville, TN 37917
- March 18, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT at the Benjamin J. Hooks Central Library’s Meeting Room. 3030 Poplar Avenue Memphis, TN 38111
- March 19, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT at the Huntsville Chamber of Commerce. 225 Church Street NW Huntsville, AL 35801
- March 20, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET at the Battle Academy Gymnasium. 1601 Market Street Chattanooga, TN 37408
- March 26, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT at Western Kentucky University’s Knicely Conference Center in the Regency Room. 2355 Nashville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101
TVA will also collect public comments until April 8. After public input is incorporated, the final IRP and EIS will be available to the public and then presented to the TVA Board of Directors for approval. Once approved, a Record of Decision will be published.
The IRP and EIS will help shape TVA’s power system over the next 20 years. You have the power to make a difference in the future of your electricity and life in the Valley.