- This event has passed.
Opportunities in Energy: Public/Private Financing Options to Deploy Advanced Energy & Manufacturing
December 10, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EST
Featuring: Kevin Knobloch, Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Energy
Wednesday, December 10th
1:00 – 6:00 PM
The Howard Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy
FREE Parking at White Ave. Garage
National experts will highlight best practices in advanced energy and manufacturing finance and discuss how we can grow advanced energy companies, technologies and jobs throughout Tennessee.
12:30 p.m. Check-in opens
1:00 p.m. Welcome: Stacey Patterson, Ph.D., Assistant Vice President and Director of Research Partnerships, University of Tennessee
Keynote: Kevin Knobloch, Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Energy
- Special recognition of Mayor Madeline Rogero, City of Knoxville
Session 1: Finance tools and funding resources to accelerate Advanced Manufacturing
Moderator: Dr. Suresh Babu, UT/ORNL Governor’s Chair on Advanced Manufacturing
- Patrick Thomas, Investment Analyst, DOE, Loan Programs Office
- Jay Rogers, CEO, Local Motors
- Doug Speight, President & CEO, Cathedral Innovation Group
Session 2: Public/private partnerships and financing mechanisms for advanced energy projects
Moderator: Cortney Piper, Tennessee Advanced Energy Business Council
- Donald Chung, Senior Engineer, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Monica Curtis, EVP of Strategic Development and Financial Services, WECC
- Ken Alston, Special Advisor for Finance, Office of the Secretary, DOE
Session 3: Speed Round: “I had no idea our region has so much going on!”
Moderator: Molly Cripps, Director, TDEC Office of Energy Programs
- Twelve companies will share a quick-fire, three-minute presentation about a successful advanced energy project or technology.
4:45 p.m. Wrap-up
5:00- 6:00 p.m. Networking Reception
- Cash bar and hors d’oeuvres
RSVP required – click to register and for more info:
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Networking reception from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Howard Baker Jr. Center for Public Policy
1640 Cumberland Avenue
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996
FREE PARKING White Ave Garage, 1621 White Ave. between 16th and 17th Street. Click here for a map.
Walking Directions from White Ave Garage to the Howard Baker Jr. Center:
- Head southwest on White Ave toward 17th Street
- Turn left on 17th Street
- Continue on 17th Street for 370 ft
- Turn left on Cumberland Ave.
- The Howard Baker Jr. Center will be on the right.
- Click here for street view.
NOTICE: Please only post your own statements and opinions to social media regarding the event.