- This event has passed.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory 2019 Technology Showcase
October 17 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm EDT
Each year ORNL competitively selects compelling technologies for a year of strategic development investment, and increased outreach to prospective industry partners. The prospective industry partners are invited to submit applications to commercialize the technologies, and companies with the most compelling commercialization plans are offered licenses. In addition, some of the successfully licensed technologies will be competitively selected for a second year of research and development to be performed at ORNL in partnership with the licensing companies.
The 2019 Technology Innovation Showcase will include presentations describing each technology and resent research results, followed by technology demonstrations and laboratory tours. ORNL Technology Transfer staff members will be available for 1:1 meetings to discuss licensing opportunities, and tours of prominent ORNL facilities and landmarks will be offered.
- CellSight — Rapid, Native Single Cell Mass Spectrometry [summary, video]
- Nanocapsular Radiation Track Etch Indicator [summary, video]
- Rapid Regeneration of Recalcitrant Plant Species [summary, video]
- BEST: Biomacromolecule Engineering by Soft Chain Coupling Technology [summary, video]
- Genetic Improvement of Salt and Drought Tolerance in Crop Plants [summary, video]
- Commercialization of AlCuMnZr (ACMZ) Alloys [summary, video]
- Safe Impact Resistant Electrolytes (SAFIRE) [summary, video]
- Novel Catalyst for Low Temperature Emissions Control [summary]