- This event has passed.
Launch Tennessee SBIR Road Tour
April 16, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT
The SBIR Road Tour is coming to Chattanooga, TN on Monday, April 16, 2018, to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs.
On April 16, individual program managers from as many as 11 participating agencies representing $2.5 billion in early-stage funding will participate in a one-day event alongside technology entrepreneurs and state innovation ecosystem members.
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, don’t miss this opportunity.
7:30-8:00 a.m. // Breakfast, registration, and networking
8:00 – Noon // SBIR/STTR Federal Agency Presentations, Panel Sessions, and One-on-One Meetings
8:00-8:15 a.m. // LaunchTN Welcome
8:10 – 8:40 a.m. // America’s Seed Fund – SBIR/STTR Overview
8:40 – 8:55 a.m. // Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
8:55 – 9:40 a.m. // Reverse Pitches – 5 Minute Agency Elevator Pitch
– National Aeronautics and Space Administration
– Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
– Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency
– Department of Defense – Navy
– Department of Defense – Special Operations Command
– U.S. Department of Homeland Security
– Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health
– National Science Foundation
– U.S. Department of Agriculture
9:45 – 10:25 a.m. // Grant Opportunities for a Public Purpose (40 minutes)
10:25– 10:40 a.m. // United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
10:40 – 11:20 a.m. // Staying On Track: Aligning Your Company for Success in the DoD (40 minutes)
11:20 a.m. – Noon // Inside the Head of an Evaluator: Common Mistakes (40 minutes)
Noon – 1:00 p.m. // Lunch, networking and resource tables
1:00 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. // USPTO legal workshop
1:45 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. // SBIR winner Q&A
2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. // TN resources for innovators, entrepreneurs and researchers
*One-on-One sessions run concurrently with agency presentations and panels. Agenda subject to change
Register Today to Reserve Your One-on-One Meeting with SBIR/STTR Program Managers from:
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Department of Defense – Navy
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
- Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
One on one meetings will allow attendees to meet with up to three agencies. These meetings will be scheduled outside of Eventbrite, via email communication from SBIR Road Tour staff. Once your 1:1 meetings are confirmed, LaunchTN staff will contact you about agency preparation support with our commercialization consultant. This support is included in the workshop fee and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
This SBIR Road Tour stop is Hosted by LaunchTN in partnership with CO.LAB (the Company Lab)
Breakfast and lunch are provided for this event.