- This event has passed.
American-Made Solar Prize Program: Ready! Ideas Deadline
October 2, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
The American-Made Challenge program is designed to reenergize innovation in U.S. manufacturing and to incentivize the nation’s entrepreneurs to reassert American leadership in the energy marketplace. U.S. DOE’s Solar Energy Technologies Office (SETO) and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) have officially launched the program’s first challenge, a $3 million competition called the American-Made Solar Prize. The program is organized through three progressive prize competitions, Ready! Set! and Go! Competitors must:
- Identify an important solar design problem you want to solve
- Submit a 90-second video describing your challenge and proposed solution, team, and plan
- Answer a short, four-question narrative and make a slide about this problem or challenge
- Submit a two-page technical assistance request
- Update your videos and statements as you advance through the contests
Competitors must submit their Ready! ideas here by October 2, 2018 to be officially entered in the contest process.
Sign up for updates on the prize competitions at https://www.herox.com/